Interior Slab Bracket
Interior Slab Bracket (ISB) for Interior Slab Remediation
Save time and money with the CHANCE® Interior Slab Bracket from Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. The multi-arm slab bracket is designed to assist in the reduction of piles required for slab-on-grade foundation remediation and to provide pile location flexibility. When used in conjunction with the patented CHANCE Combination (SS-RS) Combo Pile, the ISB can result in overall lower project costs while maintaining the desired load requirements.
- Low cost repair option versus demolition and slab replacement
- Optimal load distribution reduces the number of piles per standard industry methods
- Less project piles equals reduced excavation
- Material and labor savings
- Bracket placement flexibility avoids expensive interior finishes
- Load capacity ratings: 57 kip Ultimate / 28 kip working
- Designed for on grade applications and interior slab remediation
- Option versus demolition and slab replacement
- Your competitive edge – Optimal load disbursement reduces the number of piles required on a remediation project as compared to available industry methods
- Bracket placement flexibility to avoid disruption of expensive interior finishes [i.e. high end kitchens, tile work, etc.]
Step 1: Core drill a 10-12 inch diameter hole through the concrete slab.
|Step 2: Place the bracket upside down on top of the cored hole. Mark or outline the expanded bracket arms.|
|Step 3: Excavate at each location where the bracket and its arms are to be installed.|
|Step 4: Place the helical pile in the excavated hole. Combo pile systems are recommended.|
Step 5: Install the helical pile.
|Step 6: Terminate the helical pile shaft and install the bracket. Ensure bolts are tight and the bearing plate is level and centered.|
|Step 7: Lift or stabilize the structure using a hydraulic ram with a pressure gauge.|
|Step 8: Tighten the nuts against the bearing plate once the structure is lifted or stabilized. Cut rod leaving a minimum of 1/4 inch above the nuts.|
|Step 9: Back fill the excavation below the slab and cap the cored hole.|
A Registered Professional Engineer should prepare the plan of repair. Please contact your local CHANCE Distributor or HPS Representative for more information on the CHANCE Interior Slab Bracket.